What Do We Look for in Future CDM Students?
• Rigor of undergraduate curriculum and institution
• Higher level sciences – to better adjust to our biomedical curriculum
• Consistently strong GPAs
• DAT scores in line with those of our currently enrolled students
• Leadership and community service
• Impressive admissions interview
Though we review all applications thoroughly while paying close attention to the above criteria, we pride ourselves in selecting students with a combination of cognitive and non-cognitive strengths that we believe make them successful dental students at CDM:
• Students who are going to make the most out of the opportunities that CDM has to offer.
• Students who will contribute to the school and the community through outreach and volunteering.
• Students who will add to the collaborative nature of our student body.
• Students who will leave a positive and lasting mark on CDM with their innovative and creative contributions.
• Students who are role and mentors to the next generation of dental students.
In order to be considered for admission to CDM, students must have:
CDM also strongly recommends that students have university-level credits in: • sociology • history • the fine or industrial arts • and one or more foreign languages.
1619 Massachusetts Avenue N.W.
Washington, DC 20036
AN APPLICATION FEE IS REQUIRED TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION; PLEASE SUBMIT THE FEE AT THE SAME TIME YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO AADSAS. NO SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION IS REQUIRED BY THE COLLEGE OF DENTAL MEDICINE.
Submit Application Fee via Credit Card
If you chose to send a check please note that Canadian postal money orders cannot be accepted. All Checks must be drawn in U.S. Dollars and mailed to our admissions office; be sure to include your name and AADSAS number on the check. Checks should be made out to “Columbia University”. Candidates may request a fee waiver, but must supply documentation from their current financial aid officer that confirms their eligibility.
Send payment to:
College of Dental Medicine
630 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10032
ANy payment questions shoudl be direted to Ms. Diana Lugo, Admissions Coordinator at 212-305-3478