· Must have passed Part 1 and Part 2 National Dental Board Examination to apply
· Advanced Dental Admissions Test (ADAT) is recommended for the 2016 cycle
· For Foreign trained dentists, a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of at least 100 is required. The institution code for Columbia University College of Dental Medicine is 2094.
· For the hospital based residency, applicants must be graduates of approved dental schools in the United States or Canada. Columbia University Medical Center requires that all hired dental residents have either a US or Canadian dental degree. Otherwise, applicants cannot be hired.
· There is $125 application fee for the University based program to be submitted by credit card at: PAY HERE
How to Apply
Students must apply to the program through the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS), starting May 18, 2016 via the PASS website.
The application deadline is December 31st of the year prior to program admission. All information including recommendation evaluations and National Board scores should be submitted through PASS.
Some applicants will be chosen for admission interviews, which are required before acceptance.
Attending an AEGD program in New York does not necessarily allow students without a DDS/DMD from an ADA accredited program to practice dentistry in the US. For more information about licensing issues, please contact the responsible State Department of Education or the American Dental Association http://www.ada.org/en/education-careers/licensure/