Director: Dr. Nurit Bittner — firstname.lastname@example.org
This postdoctoral program prepares the licensed dentist to practice the specialty of prosthodontics in private practice, academia, or a combination of the two. The three-year course of study covers advanced theory and practice of prosthodontics (including course work in complete and removable prosthodontics, fixed prosthodontics, implant prosthodontics, and maxillofacial prosthetics), as well as the basic and applied sciences.
Although it is strongly geared towards clinical dentistry - with an emphasis on diagnosis, treatment planning, and therapeutic application - the program also has a research component and gives students the opportunity to assist in the instruction of undergraduate dental students. The program leads to an M.S. degree in prosthodontics and is approved by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
MS Degree or Certificate in Prosthodontics
· The GRE is not required for this program.
· Advanced Dental Admissions Test (ADAT) is recommended for the 2016 cycle
· For Foreign trained dentists, a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of at least 100 is required. The institution code for Columbia University College of Dental Medicine is 2094.
How to Apply
Students must apply to the program through the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS), starting May 18, 2016 via the PASS website.
In addition to your application, you must submit the following:
· Official dental school transcript and diploma
· Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended, including both pre-professional and professional studies
· Three letters of recommendation, including a dean’s letter from the applicant’s dental school
· $125 application fee to be submitted by credit card at: PAY HERE
Please send all supporting documentation to:
Postdoctoral Program Coordinator
Some applicants will be chosen for interviews, which are required before acceptance.
Additional Admissions Requirements for International Applicants
Besides the application requirements described above, international students must provide the following information:
· The application system will prompt you to provide financial documentation. Please indicate that such documentation would be provided should you be accepted into the program.
· Official evaluation of all documents from foreign institutions that are presented as part of the application process is required. We will accept evaluations from the organizations listed below. Please address any questions about services directly to the organization. Evaluations must contain course-by-course assessments.
World Education Services
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 92970
Milwaukee, WI 53202-0970
Attending this program in New York does not necessarily allow students without a DDS/DMD from an ADA accredited program to practice dentistry in the US. For more information about licensing issues, please contact the responsible State Department of Education or the American Dental Association.
Columbia University College of Dental Medicine does not and will not provide a letter certifying that an international student who has completed this program is qualified for a US DDS.